The classics book-tag

by - 4:49 PM


I found this tag and I thought it looked really interesting! I really enjoy classics, so it's the perfect tag.

The original tag can be found here It's A Books World.


1. An overhyped classic you really didn't like:


The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne. The book was not for me. Nothing captured my attention and I found that I had to force myself to read it. If it had been any longer I would have stopped. It did catch my interest a little in the end, but not enough to redeem the book in any way.


2. Favorite time period to read about:


For some reason the period I've read classics of is from the Edwardian/Victorian era, perhaps it's because all of the new scientific advances in that time period make for an interesting read.


3. Favorite fairy-tales:







4. What is the most embarrassed classic you haven't read yet:


Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert.


5. Top 5 classics you would like to read (soon):



  • The Mill on the Floss by George Eliot
  • Animal Farm by George Orwell
  • Frankenstein by Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley
  • The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde
  • Dracula by Bram Stoker

6. Favorite modern book/series based on a classic:


The Penelopiad by Margaret Atwood (The Odyssey by Homer). Margaret Atwood rewrites Homer’s Odyssey from the perspective of his wife Penelope. 


7. Favorite movie version/tv-series based on a classic:


BBC mini-series of North & South. This exquisite BBC production is definitely a MUST see. Excellent rendition of Elizabeth Gaskell's book.


8. Worst classic to movie adaptation:


All The King’s Men. Great book, didn't enjoy the movie one bit.


9. Favorite edition(s) you'd like to collect more classics from:


The Oxford World Editions and Penguin Modern Classics, Penguin English Library.

10. An underhyped classic you'd recommend to everyone:


Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier, it's a real page-turner.

You May Also Like

0 Comments

Powered By Blogger