A Lady's Guide to Mischief and Murder by Dianne Freeman

by - 2:17 PM

 



“Why does it always happen that just when I begin to feel life simply couldn't get any better, fate drops a disaster into my path to prove me right?”

This is the third of a rare find: a well-researched, well-written, historical romantic mystery series. Pre-ordered it, got it this morning, and just finished. One of the most pleasant days I’ve had since the pandemic started. Lady Frances Harleigh comes into her own in this one and she and George Hazelton face down not just a murderer but her dragon of a mother all while working to get her sister Lily married to true love Leo. There’s a lot to like in this series, but I think what I like best is that Frances never does anything really stupid that causes me to roll my eyes and say, “Lady, you could get killed doing that!” She always acts within the confines of what a confident, mature widow of her time might do. I can’t say any more about the plot without giving too much away. Suffice it to say, there’s a lot of action—beginning on page 2; lots of subplots that are very well handled, and lots of twists and turns. Very clever and well-thought-out as well as well-written.





You May Also Like

0 Comments

Powered By Blogger