January Book Wrap Up

by - 11:01 AM

 



The Summer Tree Guy Gavriel Kay (****)

“The Summer Tree” is a wonderful adventure in the realm of fantasy. I find Kay’s poetic prose beautiful and haunting. His mythology also has, beyond the obvious Norse-Celtic ties, a strong Christian element that I find fascinating.



The Toymakers by Robert Dinsdale (****)


A well-written novel with great heartwarming characters that cover some very thought-provoking themes. It started slow but pulled me into a world that will stay with me for a long time.


The Falcon of Sparta Conn Iggulden (****)


The Falcon of Sparta covered a piece of history that I knew hardly anything about. The storyline had a couple of very unexpected twists. Conn Iggulden is a master of the battle genre and has once again produced a great book.


Legends of the Fall Jim Harrison (****)


Extremely well written, exhibiting character development that reels you into the very well-crafted stories. Beautifully done descriptions.


After You'd Gone Maggie O'Farrell (****)


I was hooked from the start, wanting to know more. I enjoyed the way the story unfolded, giving the reader brief insights of past events and their impact on the future. Some were predictable and others surprising. An easy, enjoyable read.



Tide and Tempest Elizabeth Ludwig (****)


This book was an interesting one about Irish immigrants and the Fenian movement in Ireland. Murders, conspiracies, romance, it had it all. I found it to be a very good read.

You May Also Like

0 Comments

Powered By Blogger