November Book Wrap Up

by - 6:51 AM

 


The Sound and the Fury by William Faulkner (****)

Very happy I read this book, however, it’s a fairly tough read. Hard to follow at times and has a rather depressing story. But it is a must-read, and I found the way the author used past and present intermixed extremely refreshing and worth the little confusion it caused.

The Long Sword  by Christian Cameron (****)

Historical fiction at its finest. I was completely invested in all the characters, both good and evil. A sweeping tale of conflict, betrayal, and dark age politics and a story I will follow to the end.


Unaccustomed Earth by Jhumpa Lahiri (****)

Lahiri’s prose is beautiful, and she has a way of painting pictures with words that are rarely seen in literature today. The one negative thing that I would say is that all of her short stories seem to be about the same thing, so after reading one or two, you start to think that you have read them all.


A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness (****)

If you love witches, daemons, and vampires, I do recommend this book. Author Deborah Harkness has put her spin on each of these, and she keeps you intrigued as to what each can and cannot do.

Meara by Anya Wylde (*****)

An enjoyable read, full of mythology and fantasy. The characters are engaging; the imagery is spectacular. I love Anya Wylde’s style of writing, and the story kept me intrigued from beginning to end.

You May Also Like

0 Comments

Powered By Blogger