The Light We Lost by Jill Santopolo

by - 7:36 AM




“I hope you find a love like that–one that is all-consuming and powerful that makes you feel like you're going slightly mad. And if you do find that love, embrace it. Hold onto it. When you give yourself over to love like that, your heart will get bruised. It will get battered. But you will also feel invincible and infinite.”

This book touched me in ways I can’t even begin to explain! The passion, the love, the choices, and the heartbreak left me utterly exhausted. Lucy and Gabe came alive for me at the skilled hands of the brilliant author.
The story of two people and their intertwined lives, ‘The Light We Lost’ captivated me from beginning to end. This is the kind of book you can read over and over again because the characters are simply so real. This story spans years and examines how the choices we make can change the course of our lives forever. Lucy and Gabe - first love and true love, even though time and circumstances keep them apart.
Beautiful book about love and loss. I think we can all point to our Gabe and if you’re lucky, you can point to your Darren. Makes me realize that even though it’s hard to let go, the best thing to do is to let the past be the past. Our lives go in directions you may never have thought they would go, but you can’t live in the past or in what could have been. Love and life are hard, and this book exposes that!

You May Also Like

0 Comments

Powered By Blogger